Saturday, July 19, 2008

"Why Mr. Allen aren't you the jokester."


I love film but I'm not exactly as open minded as I should be. For me film was dead in the 70's and the 80's because I wasn't alive in the 70's and the 80's was all about Prince and David Bowie. Those who were alive during the 70's witnessed a number of cultural and political changes in the US and world but guess what? I,the history major, could care less. I'm not sure why? It could be the fashion or all the commentary from my father regarding the decay of urban communities. Decay is just not appealing to a four year old. Despite my early criticism I am slowly coming out of my cultural cave to embrace the treasures of American cinema. This afternoon I watched Take the Money and Run written and directed by Woody Allen. It's funny but not in a "look at me I'm hilarious" way.

No comments:

Post a Comment