Thursday, August 28, 2008

Because I apparently have my own category

I'm an odd duck, one of those types who is with out comparison, a real weirdo. My true nature is to be shy but I've worked on being more open however the response has been mixed. I don't blend with lame asses. Some people think I'm arrogant which I'm totally not I just want people to be aware of why they are so very, very, misguided. My mother told me the other day she was trying to explain to her friend about my unique nature. I thought that was funny but true, so very true.

Stuff I've said to my mom lately

" I'm just a PhD away from dread locks and a full sleeve tattoo."

This was inspired because my parents find my current hair style, to put it nicely,is just too ethnic. Umm yeah way to be culturally sensitive. I'll shave it off and send it to them in a bag. Would that make them happy? I wore a dress last Friday I should have taken pictures and sent it to them. Fuck all why must I be the Neo-June Cleaver with a career.

" I don't really know what I want to do but I'd like to do something that takes more intelligence than what one might find in a TicTac."

Inspried by talk about my current profession. Somedays I just want to bake bread, other days I want to become a physican, on weekends I want to go to film school. I need to sort out things.

"I'm going to become a doctor just to spite you."

I've flirted with completing pre med course work. They,my parents, don't think I can manage my SLE and complete a medical internship. I think that with enough steroids and prescription narcotics I can do just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment