Monday, October 13, 2008

Just Breathe

It was about a month ago that a trip to the urgent care for what I thought was a cold ended in a diagnosis of pneumonia. I'm more mobile than I've been in a while due in part to my new medication however my lungs are still not a 100%. While walking from the parking lot to the movie theater Saturday night it became quiet apparent. I had to stop to rest half way up the staircase to the ticket booth. Its not an out of shape thing. I wasn't running a marathon. I was walking casually up a flight or two of stairs. My GP said that it would take 4-6 weeks for my lungs to clear up. I'm sure it will take longer because I don't have a "normal" immune system. I'm sure that the pleurisy that I have doesn't improve things. I'm tired. I'm really tired of being sick. I wish I lived a state that approved of medical marijuana. I'm not big on mj but it would a least be a consolation prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment