Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My mom’s is better

I live in Texas the land of Tex-Mex, Southern style BBQ and Miscellaneous Fried things. I was taking a back by the differences between by Northern California culinary background and the standard Texas mélange. I’ve been to good restaurants and bad restaurants since returning to the land of my forbearers, however there are just some things that consistently come up short in the culinary department.

Everyone loves Mexican American cuisine. It’s everywhere. I can’t throw a rock without hitting a Mexican restaurant. 9 times out of 10 I leave a Mexican Restaurant whispering these words, “my mom’s is better.” I’m not being overly loyal or sappy, like my mom’s tofu casserole beats your mum’s tofu casserole, not in the least. It is an absolute truth that my mom’s better. I'm going to call my mom later and find out what she puts in her tomatillo sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment