Thursday, March 27, 2008

Excuse me, yeah you might want to dust the chip off your shoulder

What is with people who feel the need to wage war against the BMI chart. While it is far from perfect it can be a useful tool. Simply because you are 5 lbs over the ideal on the chart does not mean you should feel bad about yourself or that you may have health problems in the future. I will say that those who are in excess of 30 BMI need to get a wake up call. I've struggled with my weight for years and I never had the ability to convince myself that being well over 300lbs was anywhere near healthy. So folks get the chip off your shoulder. No one said you were ugly or stupid that's what you inferred. What matters most is that you get down to a healthy body composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment